It is the eve of Quarter Two and the new financial year! I thought I would take a moment to review what I got up to with my businesses during Quarter One of 2017. Not wanting to take to long on this, I gave myself 30 minutes to answer the five review questions below (so it is a slightly rambled post!).
- In Quarter One, what did you do that worked in the business?
- Looking back, what did you do that didn’t work in the business?
- What were your wins/achievements (big and small)?
- Did you get closer to achieving your ultimate goal or mission?
- How did you balance your business and personal life?
In Quarter One, what did you do that worked in the businesses?
- Monthly goal setting
- Rewards – when I completed a certain goal or tasks, I rewarded myself with treats (e.g booking a holiday, taking a break to read a magazine, having my nails done, etc.)
- Training session with my cake freelancer
Looking back, what did you do that didn’t work in the businesses?
- Neglected to look at what else I had schedule in during month and therefore created goals that were far too ambitious.
What were your wins/achievements (big and small)?
- Launching a new website for my cake business (The Vanilla Pod Bakery)
- Winning Best Cake Company of the year category for the 2017 UK Wedding Awards.
- Winning a new 6-month Digital Marketing (Social Media) client contract.
- Having super mentoring sessions with my Make Money With Cakes clients.
- Taking time to enjoy the rewards I had earn’t for achieving my set goals and tasks.
- Reaching and exceeding my financial cake business goal of turning over £40,000.00. (I wanted to reach that goal by December 31st 2016!!! I’m totally in shock over that one!)
- Having a lovely freelance make designer working for me.
- Seeing the Make Money With Cakes FB community grow and interact.
Did you get closer to achieving your ultimate goal or mission?
Yes with Vanilla Pod I am definitely a step closer to achieving this years goal. My aim is to have a team of 3 specialist cake freelancers and have created 60 wedding cakes. So far I have one specialist freelancer cake designer on my books and we have 54 wedding cakes booked in.
My goal for Make Money With Cakes is to grow the business slowly but surely. To have an exclusive number of one-to-one mentoring clients. Post regular helpful articles to the blog, create a thriving FB community, send an email newsletter once a month and complete four free online masterclasses. So far I am on track.
I actually don’t have any clear goals for the Digital Marketing (social media) side of things as it merges with Make Money With Cakes. I just want it to grow organically, which it is, and I am happy with that.
How did you balance your business and personal life?
Quarter one has been up and down. January was wonderful and March was great. I made sure I used the reward strategy and took time to enjoy life. February was a different story. Looking back I had scheduled far to much in and felt I was chasing my tail the entire month. That month taught me that I wasn’t superwoman and I can’t take on everything!
It is really weird writing this and then pressing publish! I am feel very exposed! But at the same time I want to share my story so you can see the true world of what it is like to be a woman managing life, other commitments and a cake business in the 21st century. 😀
FREE GIFT: 5 Steps to Supercharge Your Cake Business